Thursday, July 25, 2013

Getting Crafty!!

 One of our clients requested moss covered frogs for her wedding tables.  She is going to have topiaries on tall birch branches, candelabras, moss everywhere, frogs and toadstools.  
An enchanted garden theme.  
Maybe I can sneak in a little moss covered gnome somewhere ;)
We were having trouble locating enough frogs so I offered to make some (why?). 

I started out with newspaper and tape...


Then I covered them with homemade paper clay,
the recipe said it would be like cookie dough, but it was more like working with tuna, ugh.
I decided to experiment on one first to see how it would hold up, spray painted it green.
Meanwhile I took reindeer moss and chopped it up in the food processor.


After the paint dried I sprayed the frog with an adhesive and sprinkled the moss on.


  I know you want to go make some!!
Ribbit, ribbit! 

Now I've got to figure out how to make some large toadstools

No comments:

Post a Comment